Not Your Typical Bio
Getting to know Eric…..
WOW! That’s the first word that comes to mind. I am partially star struck and so very grateful to have the opportunity to work with such a kind, gentle and talented man like Eric Millegan. Going into this project with Mary (Mary Powers – creator and webmaster of BBZ) was an easy decision to make, but I had NO idea whatsoever what to expect. I assumed endless hours of research with little feedback or input from Eric himself. I must say that I was very pleasantly surprised. Eric, Charles (his partner of 17 years) and the friendly folks at the Gage Group have been SO wonderful to work with. Thus, we are able to give you some fresh information to sink your teeth into. As most of you know, there’s just not a lot of info out there about Eric. If you Google his name, the same old information pops up over and over again. It’s like someone copied the same Wikipedia biography a million times. Of course, I confirmed the existing info with Eric, but then we thought it would be fun to write an unconventional bio with a twist of fresh information. So this bio is what we came up with. Enjoy!
Eric Millegan was born in Hackettstown, NJ on August 25, 1974. When he was five, he and his family (Father – Lloyd, Mother – Karen, and siblings) packed up and moved out west to Springfield, OR. Eric was a smart child. He states “…I skipped the 7th grade. In the 8th grade I took Math at the High School. I finished 2nd in the County for Mental Math and Spelling. I got a 760 in Math on the SAT’s and I was Valedictorian (of my graduating class).” While in High School on summer breaks he studied at the Interlochen Center of the Arts as a Drama Major. He then went on to graduate from the University of Michigan – Ann Arbour with a BFA in Musical Theater. Shortly after graduating he made his way to New York City to find a job in the field that he loved so very much.
Eric enjoyed many theatrical roles such as the Apostle Simon in “Jesus Christ Superstar” at the Ford Center, “Hair” at the City Center, “Dead Man Walking” at the prestigious NYC Opera and he had the lead role of Harold in the popular “Harold & Maude” opposite Estelle Parsons at the Paper Mill Playhouse. He also starred in a movie on the big screen called ON_LINE, directed by Jed Weintrob. Some of his small screen roles have been on popular series’ such as Law and Order: Criminal Intent, Curb Your Enthusiasm, 100 Centre Street and of course the role that we all know him and love him for – Dr. Zack Addy of the hit FOX TV show “Bones.”
When I asked him what his days are like lately he replied “well, I have to be ready for auditions at the drop of a hat so my schedule revolves around that. I’m really focused on acting and getting the next job. I’m now with The Gage Group on both coasts and they are fantastic. For voice overs, I’m still with Innovative Artists and they are great as well. I just booked my very first voice over and it’s currently airing. You look it up on YouTube. It’s listed as hotels.com wait training. I’m the character with the dark hair.
So, here’s some info that you may not know:
- Eric currently has homes in both New York City and Los Angeles
- He is in a committed relationship with his partner Charles (who I must say is just as sweet as Eric). Eric says this about Charles – “Charles and I have known each other for almost 17 years and I love him very much.”
- Eric is 5’11” tall with brown hair and brown eyes
- He is a Virgo
- His favorite color is blue
- His two favorite foods are Pizza and BBQ
- He drives a Honda Accord (Red)
- Eric’s favorite hobby is Settlers of Catan
- Other interests are Bowling and Basketball
- He loves to read on his IPad and is currently reading “Stormy Weather” about Lena Horne
- Currently, his favorite music is Peter, Paul and Mary
- Favorite song is “Don’t Laugh at Me” by Peter, Paul and Mary
- Favorite Movie – it’s a tie between “Back To The Future” and “Meet Me in St. Louis.”
- He also likes the South Park Movie
- Eric plays the piano and says “…I’m not bad. If I practice, I’m not bad at all.”
- His favorite sports team is The Portland Trailblazers
Well, I hope you’ve enjoyed this short bio. Stay tuned…lots more to come in the near future! And PLEASE go to TWITTER and tweet your support to “Bring Back Zack!”
Written by Donna Evleth for BringBackZack.com